Monday, August 1, 2011

Good Mornings

Sometimes I wake up in the morning (ok, sometimes it's actually the early afternoon) and I am the last one to the party. The girls wake up, come downstairs, and make their own breakfast. Sometimes they don't even have to "come down" because we don't always sleep in our own beds. It's pretty common to find a child passed out on the couch (if you wake up early enough to see that sort of thing).

I love their independence. I love waking up and finding peanut butter smeared on the counter because someone made a sandwich. I love finding toothpaste in the sink because they brushed their own teeth. I love that they get up and just enjoy being together.

And I love that not every morning is this way. Some days they wake up and are so excited to tell me about a dream that they have to wake me up so I can hear all about it. I love that too. And sometimes a lovely little lady will climb in my bed and snuggle with me until we are both ready to get up.

There are lots of really fabulous ways to start a day. I'm so thankful that I get to be here to experience all of them.


P.S.- To keep our mornings from sounding like a Hallmark movie, there are plenty of days that begin with a "MOM! Get up! I'm hungry!" :)

No comments:

Post a Comment