Sunday, September 18, 2011

Sea Monster Mom

We had a truly amazing time at the playground today and I wanted to share it. There is an elementary school (KES) right up the street from our house and it has an AWESOME playground in front. It's the kind of playground I wish my elementary school had had when I was young(er)! On weekends and evenings it becomes sort of a public playground and we like to walk or drive down there.
Today we happened to be the only family there, so we had to entertain ourselves. The girls jumped up on one of the big play structures (with slides and climby bars) and declared it to be a ship. So I naturally became a sea monster. We ended up swimming in the ocean (the grass), exploring temple ruins (a climbing wall), discovering an underwater cave system (a big, strange looking tree), and living in a tree house for a while (an Eiffel Tower shaped climbing structure). It was fabulous to see them put together information they've learned from documentaries, magazines, stories, and TV to make such an incredible and action-packed game.

I love watching their imaginations in action. When there are other kids to play with I usually sit back with a book and let them socialize, but I'm glad it was just us today. I had just as much fun as they did. And I got to be the sea monster. BONUS!!

No comments:

Post a Comment